VolunteerJoin our team as a Volunteer with Independence Association. There are many volunteer opportunities at Independence Association. Your precious time that you donate is a gift from the heart and you are making a meaningful difference in someone’s life. We invite everyone to discover who we are, celebrate what we’ve achieved, and join us in our commitment to supporting a vibrant, collaborative and inclusive community with area businesses. Spending time with our consumers is fun and rewarding in ways you can't imagine until you experience it. Ways to Volunteer include:
Some of the local organizations that have provided Volunteers over the years include:
- Brunswick HS Interact club
- Mt Ararat HS Interact Club
- Knights of Columbus
- Rotary Club of Brunswick Maine
- Dunkin Donuts
- Brunswick Downtown Business Association
- Students of Bowdoin College
- Bowdoin College Athletic Dept
- Brunswick Fire Dept.
- Mid Coast Hospital
- Complete a volunteer application (click for pdf)
- Be over 18; (unless working through a school program)
- Have a high school degree or equivalent or referred by a respected organization
- In certain Interagency volunteering, must pass a background check.