Links to Resources

Here is a list of resource agency links that may be helpful to those caring for or supporting an individual with developmental disabilities.


Contact Your Legislature Community Housing of Maine (CHOM) Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Maine Association for Community Service Providers (MACSP) Maine Association of Non-Profits (MANP) Maine Coalition for Housing and Quality Services Office of Aging and Disability Services (OADS) Office of Child and Family Services (OCFS) Speaking Up For Us

Local Agencies

211 is the United Way telephone referral service for support via local community agencies. Dial 211 to ask for referrals from their trained personnel. United Way of Mid Coast Maine United Way of Mid-Maine

Maine Agencies/Organizations

Maine Department of Public Services maintains for first-responders a registry of persons with autism spectrum disorder or other disabilities, to ensure that emergency personnel are able to communicate most effectively with people during crises. Families may record essential information through the form provided here and transmit to the appropriate agencies. Disability Rights Center Maine Center for Community Inclusion Maine Department of Education Maine Developmental Disabilities Council Maine State Government Disability Resources Site Maine Parent Federation Maine Vocational Rehabilitation

National Links

ANCOR ARC (formerly the Association for Retarded Citizens)